Monday, October 10, 2011

Camp Out of No Where

So last post I discussed how I was not a "camping girl" per se.  Although I went into the weekend with a very open mind, I have certainly decided that I am not that kind of girl for sure! I honestly tried, I did. I packed all the blankets, warm clothes, sleeping bag and emergency make-up kit.  I found out that I was trying to "rough it" more than anyone else! The other couples had generators, electric blankets and heaters! My boyfriend and I didn't have any of that and we won the best campers award!  I was totally prepared to eat packaged foods and s'mores for two days straight.  My friends actually brought the creme de la creme of camping gear complete with burners, grills, and prime steaks! So it was totally not as bad as I thought. All of this was perfectly fine with me, and as the polished girl that I am the biggest luxury I had was putting my makeup on with my quick-fix bag!

I know you are all dying to know what I could possibly have packed for quick-camping makeup! So here is a list of must haves:
1- Cleansing cloths: my dermatologist recommends the Olay for sensitive skin cleansing cloths and make-up remover.
2- Moisturizer with sunscreen: again my dermatologist recommends Olay Complete with SPF15
3- Colgate Wisps: these are great if you don't have running water or if you just ate onions/garlic at lunch and are headed back to the office for a client meeting!
4- Foundation: my favorite liquid is Teint Idole Ultra by Lancome. Run by your favorite make-up counter before a trip and ask for a ten day sample. I used to work at the make-up counter and we loved to give these away to good customers! Skip the mineral foundation since it takes several brushes and powder pots. Leave the fancy foundation brush behind and use your fingers; they still give medium to full coverage!
5- Powder: if you would like to forego the liquid, then use a foundation-powder like Lancome's Dual Finish or Estee Lauder's Double Matte Oil Control Powder for a soft look with full coverage.
6- Mascara: if you use nothing else, use mascara. If you are a make-up counter girl, then you have lots of mini-mascara's from the "Free Gift" times.  Save them and use for trips or stick in your purse in case you forget!
7- Color: bring a rosy colored eyeshadow that can double as blush!
8- Lip: gloss or chapstick, doesn't matter! Just make sure it has some SPF to protect.

It's so simple to take these 8 items and look fabulous even in the middle of the woods!  And even if you get silly comments about you being super girly, at least you know you will be super cute in all the photos!

Next time the boyfriend and I will being staying in a cabin and not a tent!




No comments:

Post a Comment